Every year, businesses make the dash to evaluate their strategic plans and refine goals. Nonprofits are no exception. The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is leading the charge in creating a completely new and innovative Strategic Direction. These new changes were formed through utilizing the opinions of NAEYC members, leaders, staff and volunteers that were asked about NAEYC’s previous mission, vision, and goals.
The new Strategic Direction includes a new mission statement, a new vision statement, and a commitment to the core values. With five strategic priorities set (or strategic goals) the NAEYC is hoping to accomplish the following in 2015:
- Children ages birth through eight have access to high-quality learning.
- Early childhood education profession demonstrates excellence.
- NAEYC is recognized as a highly credible, visible and valuable organization.
- NAEYC is excellent in organizational health and vitality.
- NAEYC cultivates leadership and demonstrates innovative strategies.
The new Strategic Direction will reinforce NAEYC’s commitment to their core beliefs and core values. By reinforcing commitment to their core beliefs and values, the NAEYC will reaffirm their vision that “all young children thrive and learn in a society dedicated to ensuring they reach their full potential.” A more in-detail look can be found by reading the Strategic Direction document and taking a look at the organization’s website.
Transform Consulting Group has helped many organizations refocus their strategic direction. As NAYEC is developing a new strategic plan, we can your organization do the same.